Monday, May 17, 2010

I want my toes in the water.....

Lovely Weekend: Jay and I had a lovely, lovely weekend. Let's start with Friday. His birthday is June 3 and we found a super, awesome last-minute vacation deal for Myrtle Beach. (we were hoping for a gulf-coast destination, but we'll take this!). We leave on the 2nd and return the 6th. There will be no plans other than my butt. in a chair. on the beach. for 5 days. Awesome news...my Beta will be the 7th; what an awesome birthday present this would be! Saturday, J treated me to a Seafood place in Pigeon Forge and we ended up in North Carolina. It was a rainy day but even the rain doesn't take away from the beauty of the mountains. It was a perfect day. Yesterday, we went to church, had lunch, went grocery shopping, went to the movies, cleaned 2 rooms, went to the book store and still had time to take a nap! It was the longest day ever but was wonderful! I picked up the book Crazy Love. I had heard so much about it; I can't wait to read more tonight.

TTC update: AF showed up last week on Wednesday, so I didn't have to wait too long after my (-) Beta. I ordered my injectables on Tuesday and they weren't supposed to arrive until this week, Wednesday at the latest. Although we wanted to go with an injectable only cycle, with the shots not guaranteed to arrive by cd3 and my RE office not having enough to get me through to this Wednesday (when shots were supposed to arrive) we decided we would go with a mixed cycle this month and if I didn't have at least 3 plump follies, we would skip the IUI this month and go for an injectable only cycle next month. So, I started Femara cd 3-7 and will do 2 Repronex injectables daily in the hip, cd 8-10. My scan is this Friday, 5/21 (I can't believe it's here so soon) and my IUI should be this weekend. Here's the funny thing, my injectables actually got here Friday day, but the Post Office didn't send an email with the Attempted Delivery Notification until like 8:30 Friday evening. I had my RE paged and she said it was too late to start the injectable cycle. Next, I ordered our donor fishies today (my donor was available) and I got 1/2 shipping....that made for a happy surprise, especially after last months ordeal. Femara hasn't made me all twingy and crampy like the first 2 cycles did; so I am kind of nervous about that. Is it working? Do I still have eggs down there? Is this month going to be a flop? Not totally stressing over it but it's there in the back of my mind...I hope it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Beach Bound: If going to the beach in 15 days doesn't kick my arse into gear, I don't know what would. Not only am I so motivated to loose whatever is (healthy) humanly possibly to loose in 15 days I am equally as disappointed that I let my weight get this high. I'm discusted. Those 2lbs here and 1lbs there, have added up and I am not happy at all. In addition to the C25K program I am (attempting) to do (it kicks major butt if your are the C part of that equation) I rejoined WW; actually the online program this time. I'm not expecting a huge loss between now and when we set sail to the ocean, but any loss is better than gaining and it will make me feel better knowing I am on the right path. I lost 40ish the first time around on WW (2005), kept it off for over 3 years and since, nothing has worked. I just have to remain motivated...that's where I fail everytime. Not this time.....

Off to catch-up on your blogs. Have a blessed week.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for vacation. I hope you guys have a relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost 10 pounds on the on-line weight watchers..it just takes a little determination. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Nikki!!! And I'm glad you have a vacation lined up :) Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you heaps of luck for good results with this month's cycle! Hope you have 3 follies or more :) How frustrating about the injectables!!

    ReplyDelete